Forum

Author Topic: How to make Pinoy Sweets (Yema/ Pastillas)  (Read 22787 times)

anners13q

How to make Pinoy Sweets (Yema/ Pastillas)
« on: September 04, 2009, 10:25:15 PM »
Does anybody know how to make the traditional triangle yema and pastillas de leche?

I only know the instant method in making pastillas. I once tried the long-cut method but my pastillas became dulce de leche! :o

Can somebody help me? :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 10:27:49 PM by anners13q »

u8mypinkcookies

• ❤Chocoholic.Java Junkie.Shopping Diva❤
Re: How to make Pinoy Sweets (Yema/ Pastillas)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2009, 01:51:40 PM »
my friend makes pastillas tapos dinadala nya for us. hehe it's yummy, sarap magpapak :) sabi nya eto lang daw recipe nya--- Mix a can of condensed milk in a bowl & yung na-sift sa powdered milk (around 2 cups). Blend lang mabuti & knead until mabuo. Then you can shape it na into balls & roll sa sugar :)
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate & chocolate truffles.

admin

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 05:36:36 PM »
check out our pinoy issue last year where chef gene gonzalz shared a recipe for yema. lemme know if you find it. if not, i can give you the recipe. thanks

teresa

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »
can you give me the recipe of yema shared by chef gene gonzalz last year. i think yema is a good business.

corazonlecaroz

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 03:58:32 AM »
sarap yan pastillas.

lecritz

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »
i tried to make yema.

i just boiled two cans of condensed milk for about an hour (the cans are washed and label was cut off and the can was submerged in a boiling pot of water) opened up the can, placed it in a bowl and mixed in two egg yolks while the condensed milk was still hot. you can form it in any way you want but the traditional is the pyramid shape and wrapped in yellow cellophane.

from what i remember you can just cook condensed milk in a pan and add some butter.

remember the condensed milk when cook is like caramel, only stickier or thicker and creamier.

Hope this helps! :)

teresa

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 07:24:11 AM »
thanks....

AiDiSan

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 03:02:08 PM »
check out our pinoy issue last year where chef gene gonzalz shared a recipe for yema. lemme know if you find it. if not, i can give you the recipe. thanks

Hi there, can you also send me the yema recipe of check gene gonzales? i'm thinking of making yema for business. thank you in advance and more power to yummy.ph!!!

deverajoan

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 09:44:05 AM »
try searching on this site. "yummy"

corazonlecaroz

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2010, 02:31:02 AM »

Get first dibs on our latest promos and news, plus get to see our newsletter-exclusive Yummy menu!