7 Leftover Queso de Bola Ideas
What to do with edam cheese all year round.
What to do with those great balls of cheese? First things first, here's how to store queso de bola, according to StillTasty:
• Always keep cheese refrigerated.
• If opened, wrap queso de bola in wax or parchment paper, then cover with plastic wrap.
• To freeze: Cut the cheese in portions (about 200 grams each), wrap tightly in aluminum foil or heavy duty freezer bags, making sure it's airtight.
• Freezing cheese may alter your cheese's quality, causing it to be crumbly. Use thawed cheese to cooked dishes like dips, sauces, and soups.
• When freezing, make sure the temperature is 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
RELATED: Meet the Cheeses: 7 Most Common Cheeses
To find more recipes with queso de bola, CLICK HERE