7 Leftover Queso de Bola Ideas
What to do with edam cheese all year round.By: Aimee Morales
What to do with those great balls of cheese? First things first, here's how to store queso de bola, according to StillTasty:
• Always keep cheese refrigerated.
• If opened, wrap queso de bola in wax or parchment paper, then cover with plastic wrap.
• To freeze: Cut the cheese in portions (about 200 grams each), wrap tightly in aluminum foil or heavy duty freezer bags, making sure it's airtight.
• Freezing cheese may alter your cheese's quality, causing it to be crumbly. Use thawed cheese to cooked dishes like dips, sauces, and soups.
• When freezing, make sure the temperature is 0 degrees Fahrenheit.
RELATED: Meet the Cheeses: 7 Most Common Cheeses
To find more recipes with queso de bola, CLICK HERE