Summer is here and that means making space for cooling refreshments on your grocery list. Aside from refreshing juice drinks and fresh fruits, why not add a tub or more of ice cream? Here’s a list of ice cream flavors you can choose from and novel ways to enjoy them.
Check the gallery below for our ice cream recommendations.
1. Selecta Hershey's Chocolate Collection Resse's Peanut Butter Cups What's in it? A mouth-watering mix of creamy milk chocolate ice cream and chunks of Resse's Peanut Butter Cups. Best enjoyed on its own or as topping over French toast and bananas for breakfast. P135 per 800 ml or P260 for 1.5 L.; available in SM, Landmark, and Robinsons supermarkets.
2. Selecta Hershey's Chocolate Collection Milk Chocolate with Almonds What's in it? Thick and creamy chocolate ice cream loaded with crunchy almond goodness. Enjoy it any day on its own, as a topping for your cinnamon-laced waffle or pancake toasts! P125 per 800 ml pint, P225 for half a gallon; available in Robinsons Supermarkets, Landmark, and Eunilane
3. Selecta Hershey's Chocolate Collection Kisses What's in it? Bite-sized milk chocolate bits, crushed cookies and rich choco fudge generously mixed in signature Selecta milk chocolate and white chocolate ice cream! Create your own homemade parfait by and top with whipped cream and cherries for a lovely afternoon delight. P135 per 800 ml, P260 per 1.5 L; available in PureGold, Landmark, and Robinsons Supermarket
4. Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche What's in it? Inspired by the famous Argentinian treat, this ice cream has a silky sweet milk-caramel flavor reminiscent of local mantecado but with a heavier touch of caramel P399 per 473 ml, available in select supermarkets and Haagen-Dazs stores in Metro Manila
5. Arce Dairy Sorbete de Caro Quezo Real (Cheddar Cheese) What's in it? Cheese ice cream with the right amount of sweetness! It is not exactly a new flavor, but the idea of spreading this on pan de sal is simply too tempting to resist! P69 for 425 ml pint, P255 for 1.7 L; available in UniMart, Landmark, Robinsons Supermarket and select scooping stations in Metro Manila
6. ECJ Farms Supreme Durian Ice Cream What's in it? An exotic dessert treat with Durian. Eat it as is or add a scoop to your iced coffee as Davaoeños do. P150 per 438 ml supreme, P550 per 1.9 L, P168 for a pint unsweetened, P630 for 1.9 L; available in Cash N' Carry-Makati
7. Selecta Pinoy Sorbetes with Coconut Milk Melon Flavor What's in it? A creamy melon sorbetes. Have a taste of summer before summer starts! P89 for 1 Liter, P99 for 1.2 L; available in all SaveMore, Landmark and Robinsons Supermarket
8. Selecta Pinoy Sorbetes with Coconut Milk Ube Flavor What's in it? A velvety, creamy ube ice cream! Great for topping on suman or freshly-made bibingka. P89 for 1 Liter, P99 for 1.2 L, available in WalterMart, Landmark and Robinsons Supermarket
9. Magnolia Limited Edition Caramel Cheesecake What's in it? A luscious caramel ice cream blend with cheesecake bits and decorated with ripples of caramel syrup. P220 for 1.5 Liters, available in Shopwise and Eunilane
10. Magnolia Limited Edition Apple Strudel What's in it? Smooth and rich vanilla ice cream base, mixed with bits of cinnamon, chocolate pretzel pieces, and swirls of red and green apple syrup. Serve with crunchy otap, barquillos or other biscocho delicacies. P220 for 1.5 L, available in Landmark and Eunilane
11. Magnolia Limited Edition Vanilla Praline What's in it? Thick vanilla ice cream base with chewy cashew praline for texture, and ribbons of caramel ripple. Try it with a hot cup of kape barako or unsweetened tsokolate. P220 for 1.5 L, available in SM Hypermart and Eunilane