A recipe from my in-laws that has become a part of regular rotation at home.
1. Spread the couscous on a tray and cover with 1/2 water. Mix with hands.
2. Brown the lamb in a couscous steamer.
Remove to plate. Add the onions and saute till soft.
3. Stir in tomato paste, red peppers, onion, salt, black pepper and cumin. Add water or stock and bring to a boil.
4. Put lamb back into kettle and add the chick peas. Lower heat.
5. Cook slowly, covered for 30 minutes with couscous on the couscousier.
6. Add the carrots, zucchini, turnips, green peppers and raisin.
7. Put couscous on the couscous strainer and put over the kettle. Cover and continue coooking for another 30 minutes or until couscous and stew are cooked.
8. Stir in coriander.
9. Serve hot on a large platter with the meat and vegetables arranged around the couscous.
Get first dibs on our latest promos and news, plus get to see our newsletter-exclusive Yummy menu!