How to Make Kimchi
Learn how to make a simple, everyman's kimchi.By: Len Santos of Heny Sison Culinary School
Makes about 10 small bottles
Click to see Kimchi recipe
• Wear gloves when mixing the chili paste.
• Store kimchi in a cool, dark place— the fridge is the best.
• Make kimchi using different vegetables using the same procedure.
• Never use a reactive metal container to store kimchi. Use glass, porcelain, or stainless steel instead.
• FYI, plastic will be permanently stained by the chili.
Photography by Patrick Martires │ Demonstration by Len Santos of the Heny Sison Culinary School | Styling by Elaine P. Lim