5 Recipes That Take Basic Dishes To The Next Level
Give your family’s favorite recipes some major upgrades!
Celebrate togetherness and moments at home, big or small.
Staying in has given us the opportunity to cook more for our families, and these simple tricks to upgrade everyday dishes can make moments special.
Roll up your sleeves and try these easy recipes to bring light and joy into your home.
1. Start your day with green peas in omelette.
Omelettes are a great way to get everyone up and running in the morning. Not only are they quick and easy to make, omelettes can be made special with whatever’s available in the pantry.
Try green peas, which are rich in nutrients and antioxidants!
Omelette with Green Peas Recipe
Ingredients for Omelette with Green Peas:
2 cans 155g Mega Prime Green Peas
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
salt and pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons spring onions, thinly sliced
How to make Omelette with Green Peas:
1. Drain and transfer Mega Prime Green Peas to a bowl.
2. Stir in oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper, then set aside. In another bowl, whisk eggs. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook without stirring.
4. Using a spatula, gently stir until eggs are set. Pat into an even layer. Add Mega Prime Green Peas, half of the Parmesan cheese, and spring onions over the eggs.
5. Remove from heat and gently roll the egg over the filling to form the omelette. Serve on a plate and top with the remaining cheese.
2. Add color to fried rice.
Who doesn’t love the smell of fried rice? Not only is it a good way to save leftover rice, but it’ll always be a hit among every member of the family.
Upgrade your fried rice by making it colorful and photo-worthy with vegetables. We’re sure even the kids won’t be able to resist it!
Veggie Fried Rice Recipe
Ingredients for Veggie Fried Rice:
2 tablespoons butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 small onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium carrot, diced
1 can 155g Mega Prime Green Peas
1 can 425g Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms
1 can 425g Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn
1 pack 300g white rice, cooked
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons Mega Prime Oyster Sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
sliced green onions, for garnishing
How to make Veggie Fried Rice:
1.Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet.
2. Add the eggs and scramble until cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Add the remaining butter into the pan. Saute onions and garlic until fragrant.
4. Add carrots, Mega Prime Green Peas, Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms, and Mega Prime Whole Kernel Corn and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Add the rice and continue to saute until ingredients are well-mixed.
6. Add the eggs back to the pan and stir in soy sauce, Mega Prime Oyster Sauce, and sesame oil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Sprinkle with green onions and serve hot.
3. Make your lumpia more filling with sotanghon.
Lumpia, or spring rolls, is a Filipino favorite we all know and grew up with. Add heft to this Pinoy classic by incorporating sotanghon into the filling. It’s good enough to enjoy on its own or with steaming hot rice.
Lumpia with Sotanghon Recipe
Ingredients for Lumpia with Sotanghon:
4 tablespoons oil
200g shrimp, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/3 cups chopped carrots (3 carrots)
1 teaspoon sugar
2 to 3 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 pack 250g Mega Prime Choices Vermicelli Noodles, cooked
oil for deep frying
How to make Lumpia with Sotanghon:
1. Make the filling: Heat oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Saute shrimp and garlic until fragrant, then add carrots. Stir to mix well. Season with sugar, salt, pepper. Mix well.
2. Reduce heat to medium, add Mega Prime Choices Vermicelli Noodles to the wok, and stir using tongs until fully cooked. Taste test and adjust salt, sugar, or pepper as needed. Turn off heat and transfer the cooked vermicelli to a large mixing bowl and let it cool to room temperature.
3. Make the lumpia: Take a piece of lumpia wrapper, place about 1/4 cup of cooked filling at the center, and wrap. Seal the lumpia with either water or egg white. Repeat until all the filling is used up.
4. Heat enough oil for deep frying. Once hot, fry the lumpia in batches until golden brown. Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce.
4. Add umami to bistek Tagalog with oyster sauce
The aroma of this classic dish alone is guaranteed to have the whole family flocking to the dining table. And by simply adding a couple of tablespoons of oyster sauce, they’ll surely wolf everything down in minutes!
This simple trick enhances the beef’s natural umami flavor without altering the richness of the bistek you’ve grown to love.
Bistek Tagalog with Oyster Sauce Recipe
Ingredients for Bistek Tagalog with Oyster Sauce:
500g beef steak cut, sliced into thin cuts
freshly squeezed juice from 7 pieces of calamansi
6 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Mega Prime Choices Oyster Sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup cooking oil
1 big white onion, cut into rings
1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
How to make Bistek Tagalog with Oyster Sauce:
1. Marinate the beef: In a bowl, combine the beef, fresh calamansi juice, minced garlic, Mega Prime Oyster Sauce, salt, and pepper. Set aside and let marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Heat the pan. Add some cooking oil. Fry the onion rings for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Using the same pan, fry the marinated beef on both sides until it turns a bit dry. Set aside.
4. Using the same pan, heat oil and add garlic and red onions.
5. Pour in the beef marinade. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
6. Add the cooked beef. Continuously flip them on each side until the sauce dries out.
5. Turn cheeseburger into a hearty soup by adding beef stock and mushrooms.
Have you ever thought of turning cheeseburger into soup? Yes, it’s possible — just add beef stock and mushrooms to your recipe! Here's how Marian Rivera-Dantes does it:
This way, you can satisfy your family’s cheeseburger craving while letting them enjoy something new. This will have your whole family going back for seconds!
Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Cheeseburger Soup:
4 strips bacon
3 thick hamburger patties
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 can 425g Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms, drained
1 medium potato, diced
2 cups beef stock
1 cup cooking cream
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste
How to make Cheeseburger Soup:
1. Fry the bacon until crispy. Once cool, chop into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Cook the hamburger patties until slightly brown.
3. Add the chopped onion, garlic, and Mega Prime Pieces and Stems Mushrooms.
4. Add the diced potato and beef stock. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Once potatoes are soft, add the cooking cream
6. Add the soy sauce.
7. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
8. Top with bacon bits and serve.
Follow these tips to turn regular mealtimes into celebrations! Using simple ingredients coupled with these easy hacks, family time can always be an enjoyable and memorable moment at home.
Mega Prime is part of the Mega Global Corporation, a leading manufacturer and distributor of canned goods. If you would like to know more about delicious and easy-to-prepare recipes, earn exciting rewards, and learn other fun and relevant content, visit www.primemomclub.com.