WATCH: We Have a Really Easy Tiramisu Recipe
Get to enjoy this classy dessert we made easier to make with affordable, accessible ingredient substitutes!
Love Tiramisu but afraid of making it yourself? You can totally do it! This is the easiest and tastiest tiramisu recipe you can get. We completely eliminated the use of eggs for a no-fail procedure. Also, we completely substituted mascarpone cheese (which can be notoriously hard to source and ridiculously expensive) with incredibly accessible and affordable ingredients. Once you start digging into the light, creamy layers, you won't be able to stop!
Easy Tiramisu Recipe
- Yield 5-6 giant cookies
- Ready In 6 hours and 20 minutes
- Chill Time 6 hours
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- 1 227-gram package cream cheese, chilled and cubed
- 1/2 cup icing sugar, divided into two quarter cups
- 1 cup all-purpose cream, chilled
- For the cream
- For the cake
- 2 tablespoons* instant coffee
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 layers of Broas or ladyfingers, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa powder, for dusting
- 1 Stir in coffee with boiling water and set aside to cool. Want it to cool faster? Dissolve the coffee in ¼ cup of boiling water and then top off with 1 ¾ cups of cool water.
- 2 Whip all-purpose cream, while gradually adding 1/4 cup of icing sugar, until soft* peaks form.
- 3 Transfer cream to another bowl, leaving about 1/4 cup of cream in the bowl. Start whipping again, gradually adding the cream cheese little by little.
- 4 Add butter gradually. Add 1/4 cup of icing sugar on low speed. Add vanilla. Scrape bowl then mix on high. Whip until soft, light, airy and smooth.
- 5 Fold in whipped all-purpose cream to cream cheese mixture.
- 6 Dip ladyfingers into coffee very quickly and line your dish.
- 7 Top with cream and even out.
- 8 Repeat steps 6-7 for the second layer.
- 9 Chill for at least 6 hours or until set. Dust with cocoa powder right before serving.