WATCH: This Is How Easy It is To Make Eggplant Lasagna
Four ingredients are all you really need!
Eggplant is fantastic once fried, and it makes a great pasta substitute when you are craving lasagna but don't have the right type of pasta on hand. This lasagna recipe uses eggplant as the substitute and creates a carb-free version of pasta dish you love. The vegetable can easily be replaced with thinly sliced zucchinis, carrots, potatoes, or even tomatoes.
Use your favorite vegetable and make this simple, tasty baked dish that can fit right in with your other dishes on the buffet table.
Eggplant Lasagna Recipe
- Takes 30 minutes
- Makes 2-3 servings
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced
- Salt, as needed
- 200 grams Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup marinara sauce, store-bought
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Thinly slice eggplants with a knife. Season liberally with salt and let slices sit for 5 to 10 minutes, or until moisture is released. Pat slices dry with a kitchen towel.
- 2 Meanwhile, cook sausage in a frying pan over medium heat. Remove sausage from the pan and add olive oil. Over medium-high heat, brown eggplant slices on both sides. Set aside to cool.
- 3 In a medium, oven-safe dish, evenly alternate layers of marinara sauce, Italian sausage, Parmesan cheese, and cooked eggplant, making 4 to 5 layers. Top with cheese and bake in a 350°F preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Serve immediately.
For more lasagna recipes, look here: