How To Make A Lava Cake For One
This is just for you.
Baking recipes usually result in a nice batch of cookies, a tall and impressive cake, and cupcakes to decorate and share. Few recipes are created to be made for just one person!
Recipes that only result in two servings or even just one are hard to find! The easy fix for this is to halve or scale the recipe and hope for the best. This is because cutting recipes in half doesn't always work out the way you want. When it does, it's a recipe worth saving.
If you're craving a chocolatey dessert and don't want to make a big cake, save this recipe! It a gloriously easy and delicious chocolate cake fix that you can make, bake, and eat in minutes. Since it's a lava cake which means a center that will ooze out, there's no need to wait for it for very long after it comes out of the oven!
Here are the ingredients you need:
- • dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- • butter
- • sugar
- • egg
- • all-purpose flour
- • cocoa powder
- • salt
It has all the ingredients for a regular chocolate cake but you'll need much less in terms of amount to pull off this recipe for one. Plus, you can jazz it up when you serve it with a dusting of more cocoa powder for a touch of bitterness, powdered sugar for a little sweetness, or a scoop of ice cream for that ala mode feel.
Here's the recipe:
Lava Cake For One Recipe
- Takes 20 minutes
- Makes 1 serving
Lava Cake For One Ingredients
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, finely chopped, or chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter, more for greasing cups
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon natural cocoa powder, more for dusting cups
- small pinch salt
- powdered sugar, to serve, optional
- ice cream, to serve, optional
How to Make Lava Cake For One
- 1 Preheat oven to 425 degrees F or 220 degrees C. Generously butter 1 oven-safe ramekin. Dust with cocoa powder, shaking out any excess. Set aside.
- 2 In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate and butter for 30 seconds then stir. Repeat in 10-second intervals, stirring in between, until completely melted. Set aside.
- 3 In a medium bowl using a whisk, whip egg and sugar until fluffy. Stir in chocolate and butter mixture. Add flour, cocoa powder, and salt, and stir until just blended.
- 4 Transfer batter to the prepared ramekin. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the outside is just set and the center still jiggles. Remove from oven, and set aside 3 minutes to cool slightly.
- 5 Run a knife lightly around the cake. Place a serving plate over on top and flip over. Serve immediately dusted with powdered sugar or topped with ice cream while still warm as desired.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.