The air fryer can cook many things, including a delicious and moist cake!
This fudgy chocolate cake recipe is perfect for the air fryer. It’s a soft and moist chocolate cake recipe that is easy to make. This kind of cake recipe is also known as a hot fudge pudding cake because the best part is that it comes with its own chocolate sauce or pudding made in the same pan.
Another great thing about this cake recipe is that it doesn’t even need an egg! To make up for it, we use melted butter and all-purpose cream to ensure it is moist and tasty. Plus, this chocolate cake at its best when served while warm so there’s no reason to wait to satisfy your chocolate cake craving.
Air Fryer Fudgy Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Takes 35 minutes
- Makes 4 servings (6-inch cake)
- For the cake:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup natural cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- For the topping:
- 1 tablespoon natural cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 In a measuring jug or small bowl, combine melted butter, cream, and water. Set aside.
- 2 In another large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Pour in cream mixture and stir until well mixed. Set aside.
- 3 In a small bowl, whisk together cocoa powder and sugar. Transfer the cake batter to a 6-inch baking pan. Sprinkle the sugar mix over the cake batter. Pour in hot water. (Do not stir!) Place the cake pan in the basket of the air fryer and place the basket inside the appliance.
- 4 Turn the temperature to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F). Set the timer for 20 minutes.
- 5 Remove the cake pan from air fryer basket onto a cooling rack. Let cool slightly before scooping into bowls. Serve while warm with a side of cream if desired.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.