WATCH: How to Make A Baked Macaroni Recipe
A classic party staple, this is one macaroni recipe that should be on your go-to list this holiday month.
Macaroni, cheese,¬†ground beef, and hotdogs are ingredients any party goer -¬†from kids to the lolos and lolas-will love. This baked mac is perfect for all kinds of parties scheduled throughout the season.¬†
Baked Macaroni Recipe
- Cooking time 35 minutes
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 pack (500 grams) elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 kilogram ground beef
- 6 hotdogs, sliced
- 2¬†cups tomato sauce
- 1¬†cup Pinoy-style spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 block (225 grams) quickmelt cheese, grated
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make Baked Macaroni
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- 2 Bring a pot of water, salted, to a boil. Add macaroni, stir, and cook 8 minutes. Drain, and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- 3 Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Sweat onions until translucent. Add garlic, and stir until fragrant. Add ground beef. Saut√©, stirring, until any liquid from the beef has evaporated. Add hotdogs and cook until heated through. Pour in tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce; stir to combine. Season with salt, to taste, and ground black pepper.
- 4 Transfer macaroni into the pot with the sauce. Using two large spoons, toss to coat evenly. Dump pasta into a 13-inch by 9-inch glass baking dish and spread into a moderately even layer. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and quick-melting cheese over top. Place in the preheated oven, and bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven, and serve while hot.¬†