WATCH: These Brownie Cookies Will Be Your New Favorite Dessert
Brownie batter to make cookies? It works!
This brownie cookie recipe is fudgy,¬†loaded with chocolate, and¬†sports that crinkly top that you want in a brownie but in cookie form.¬†
How did we do it?¬†¬†
The fudgy brownie batter is first chilled and then rolled into balls so¬†it can¬†hold its own without a pan to hold it up into bars. The trick to¬†any brownie¬†to get that distinctive crinkly top is really preheating your oven. That burst of heat¬†when you place your baking pan into the hot oven is¬†what will give your brownies that crinkly top.
With this tip in mind,¬†this brownie cookie recipe is just a few steps away from being your next favorite kind of cookie.¬†
Brownie Cookies Recipe¬†
- Takes 30 minutes plus chilling¬†¬†
- Makes 24 cookies¬†
- 1 cup dark chocolate, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown¬†sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2¬†cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking¬†powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet¬†chocolate chips
- 1 In a large heatproof bowl, melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler or in the microwave in 15-second increments, stirring often to make sure chocolate doesn't burn. Set aside to cool.
- 2 In a large bowl, beat sugars, eggs,¬†and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy. Fold in the chocolate mixture.
- 3 In a bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder,¬†and salt. Fold dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips until combined.
- 4 Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or the freezer for an hour or until mixture is firm.
- 5 Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees C).¬†
- 6 Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop the dough and place onto baking sheet, spacing dough balls at least 2-inches apart.
- 7 Bake for 8 to 10 mins until the top starts to crack. Let the cookies cool and transfer into seal tight containers. Can be kept in the refrigerator up to a week.
For¬†more brownie and cookie recipes, check these¬†articles for your next baking project:¬†