WATCH: This Is How You Make Coffee Banana Bread
This combo creates something delicious.
We all know how delicious banana bread¬†is. It's¬†one of¬†the first "cakes" newbie bakers make! That's because bananas are plentiful and when it's made into banana bread, it's a sweet, delicious, and universally-loved flavor that doesn't even need any frosting to be irresistible!¬†
So what happens when you add coffee into your tried-and-tested¬†banana bread recipe? Something magical and delicious is what happens!
Banana bread is already delicious-it is incredibly moist, sweet, and delicious-and the addition of coffee adds to the flavor and aroma to this easy-to-make treat.¬†
Here's the recipe:¬†
Coffee Banana Bread Recipe¬†
- Takes 75 minutes
- Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup ripe bananas (4 bananas), mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup brown sugar and extra for topping
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang on each side. Set aside.
- 2 Combine butter, bananas, sour cream, coffee liqueur, and espresso powder in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add brown sugar and stir until combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into your wet mixture. Fold the dry ingredients into the batter just until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- 3 Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with brown sugar, and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan using overhang and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.
If you love banana bread, then you're going to want more than just this one recipe to satisfy your craving:¬†