WATCH: This Is How You Make Coffee Banana Bread
We all know how delicious banana bread is. It's one of the first "cakes" newbie bakers make! That's because bananas are plentiful and when it's made into banana bread, it's a sweet, delicious, and universally-loved flavor that doesn't even need any frosting to be irresistible!
So what happens when you add coffee into your tried-and-tested banana bread recipe? Something magical and delicious is what happens!
Banana bread is already delicious-it is incredibly moist, sweet, and delicious-and the addition of coffee adds to the flavor and aroma to this easy-to-make treat.
Here's the recipe:
Coffee Banana Bread Recipe
- Takes 75 minutes
- Makes 8 servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup ripe bananas (4 bananas), mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 cup brown sugar and extra for topping
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper leaving an overhang on each side. Set aside.
- 2 Combine butter, bananas, sour cream, coffee liqueur, and espresso powder in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Add brown sugar and stir until combined. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Sift flour, baking soda, and salt into your wet mixture. Fold the dry ingredients into the batter just until combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- 3 Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle with brown sugar, and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pan using overhang and transfer to a cooling rack. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife.
If you love banana bread, then you're going to want more than just this one recipe to satisfy your craving: