WATCH: How to Make Snickerdoodles
If you like cinnamon, you will love these cookies!
Snickerdoodles are cookies made with butter, flour, and sugar and rolled in cinnamon sugar.
It's simple but so good! It's soft in the middle with a slight crunch along the edges-it's easy to make, too!
Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Set aside.
- 2 In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- 3 Add the flour mixture and mix on low speed until just combined. Preheat your oven to 350 °F. Refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- 4 In a shallow dish, combine the cinnamon and white sugar. Scoop the dough by 2 by 2-inch balls and roll into the cinnamon-sugar mix until
fullcoated. Place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and flatten slightly. Place the cookies at least 2 inches apart.
- 5 Bake for 20-22 minutes or until the dough bounces back when lightly touched.