WATCH: How To Make Easy Ube Cake
No mixer required!
This is an easy ube cake recipe that will satisfy anyone's craving for the purple-hued jam. The cake is moist, delicious, and topped with a creamy and light topping. It's so easy to make you can do this even without a mixer! Best of all, we use real ube halaya or ube jam in the cake as well as the whipped cream on top.
The cake stays moist because the recipe not only uses oil in it but also uses prepared ube halaya which is usually prepared with butter. This added fat guarantees that the cake won't dry out. It's a hefty cake because ube is a starchy ingredient.
To help keep this easy yet super delicious, the dense cake is paired with a light and fluffy whipped cream topping that's gently sweetened with powdered sugar. It's got a little bit more ube halaya stirred in as well as some ube flavoring and coloring to keep it in line with the purple theme.
If you love ube desserts, this is one easy cake recipe that you should try.
Easy Ube Cake Recipe
- Takes 1 hour 25 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Makes 6 servings (1 6-inch cake)
Easy Ube Cake Ingredients
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ube flavoring and coloring
- 3/4 cup ube halaya
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- For the ube whipped cream:
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup ube halaya
- 1/8 teaspoon ube flavoring and coloring, optional
How To Make Easy Ube Cake
- 1 Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (160 degrees C). Lightly grease then line the bottom of a 6-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2 In a large mixing bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer with the beater attachment, beat sugar, oil, and eggs together until light and fluffy. Add ube halaya and ube flavoring and coloring, and mix until well combined.
- 3 Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl. Add to the batter and fold in the flour mixture. Mix until just well blended.
- 4 Transfer the batter into the prepared cake pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until the top springs back when lightly pressed and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake emerges clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5 Make the ube whipped cream: In a medium bowl using a whisk, whisk cream until soft peaks. Add powdered sugar and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the ube halaya and ube flavoring if using and whisk until blended. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
- 6 To assemble, remove the cooled ube cake from the pan and discard parchment paper. (Trim the top of the cake using a serrated knife for an even and flat surface if desired.) Top the cake with ube cream using a spoon and smooth out as desired. Slice and serve.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.