WATCH: Get Vanilla And Chocolate Flavors With This Delicious Cake
If you're unsure which flavor you love best, this is the cake to bake.
Vanilla and chocolate are well-loved flavors. If you've ever had the problem of which flavor you want in your cake, this is the
This marble cake has both flavors! Since this cake is delicious and moist all on its own, there's no decision to make about which frosting would go best with it either. This marble cake loaf is the one dessert that can satisfy both flavor cravings in one delicious cake.
Marble Cake Loaf Recipe
- Takes 90 minutes
- Makes 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly butter and line with parchment an 8- by 5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3 In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add and beat in eggs, one at a time. Gradually add flour mixture alternating with the yogurt. Mix only until blended.
- 4 Transfer half the batter to a large bowl. Add and stir in cocoa powder to this mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Add and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup flour in the remaining batter in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer.
- 5 Using two spoons, dollop the two batters in alternating spots in the prepared loaf pan until filled. Using a barbecue skewer, gently swirl the two batters together in the pan. Tap the loaf pan on the counter gently to release any bubbles.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake emerges clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 7 When ready to serve, life marble cake from the loaf pan and discard the parchment paper. Slice and serve.
Need more cake ideas? Here are more cake recipes you should try: