WATCH: Get Vanilla And Chocolate Flavors With This Delicious Cake
If you're unsure which flavor you love best, this is the cake to bake.
Vanilla¬†and chocolate are well-loved flavors.¬†If¬†you've ever had the¬†problem of¬†which flavor you want in your cake, this is the
This marble cake has both flavors!¬†Since this cake is delicious and moist all on its own, there's no¬†decision to make about which frosting¬†would go best with it either. This marble cake loaf is the one dessert that can satisfy both¬†flavor¬†cravings in one delicious cake.¬†
Marble Cake Loaf Recipe
- Takes 90 minutes
- Makes 12 servings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Lightly butter and line with parchment an 8- by 5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- 2 In a large bowl, mix 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- 3 In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add and beat in eggs, one at a time. Gradually add flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk. Mix only until blended.
- 4 Transfer half the batter to a large bowl. Add and stir in cocoa powder to this mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Add and stir in the remaining 1/2 cup flour in the remaining batter in the mixing bowl of the stand mixer.
- 5 Using two spoons, dollop the two batters in alternating spots in the prepared loaf pan until filled. Using a barbecue skewer, gently swirl the two batters together in the pan. Tap the loaf pan on the counter gently to release any bubbles.
- 6 Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake emerges clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 7¬†When ready to serve,¬†life marble cake from the loaf pan and discard the parchment paper.¬† Slice and serve.
Need more cake ideas? Here are more cake recipes you should try:¬†