WATCH: This Is An Easy No-Bake Recipe For A Creamy Milo Dessert
This easy no-bake dessert recipe uses 5 ingredients + Milo to create a rich chocolate dessert.
This is one of the easiest desserts to make from scratch! That's because this easy no-bake dessert uses Milo, that chocolate powder that you either dissolved in a glass of milk or water or ate by the spoonful straight from the container.¬†
The¬†texture of this "cake"¬†is similar to a mousse but¬†there's no whipping involved, just plain mixing. You'll want to use a whisk for this since the cocoa powder and the¬†Milo has a tendency to clump into little balls that you'll feel later. It will mar the smooth consistency of the dessert.
If you love the distinct malt chocolate flavor of Milo, this rich and decadent chocolate treat is so easy, it doesn't need an oven to make. Just mix the ingredients together then give it some time to¬†hold its shape.¬† ¬†¬†
Here's the recipe so you can try it out now:¬†
Milo Mousse Cake Recipe¬†
- Takes 20 minutes plus chilling overnight¬†
- Makes 8 servings¬†
- 1/4 cup brown sugar¬†
- 2 tablespoons¬†cocoa powder, more for dusting as desired
- 1 1/2 cups Milo chocolate powder, more for dusting as desired
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose cream
- 2 tablespoons¬†water¬†¬†
- 2 7-gram packets powdered gelatin¬†
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted¬†
How to Make Milo Mousse Cake¬†
- 1 Line a 7 x 3-inch loaf baking pan with plastic¬†wrap. (Wet the pan so¬†the plastic wrap will cling to the walls of the pan easier.) Set aside.
- 2¬†In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl, combine and whisk together brown sugar, cocoa powder, and¬†Milo chocolate powder. Create a well in¬†the center. Pour in all-purpose cream and whisk until well combined. ¬†
- 3¬†Microwave on High for 1 minute or until the cream is just scalded. Set aside.¬†
- 4¬†In a small bowl,¬†bloom the powdered gelatin in the water.¬†
- 5¬†Give the Milo mixture¬†a quick whisk and then add the¬†melted butter and bloomed gelatin. Whisk to combine and dissolve the gelatin. If necessary, reheat the¬†cream until hot to fully melt the gelatin.¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†¬†
- 6¬†Pour the¬†gelatin into the prepared baking pan. Cover with more plastic wrap, pressing the plastic against the surface of the chocolate to prevent a skin from forming on the surface. Chill overnight or until firm.¬†
- 7 When ready to serve, remove the plastic wrap.¬†Flip it onto¬†a serving plate. Remove the last piece of plastic wrap. Dust with cocoa powder or Milo powder before serving.¬†
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group,¬†Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club,¬†to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman!¬†Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here!