WATCH: These Oatmeal Cookies Are Thick And Chewy!
This easy cookie recipe will become an instant hit!
Oatmeal cookies are delicious cookies. While it still doesn't compare to a chocolate chip cookie, these cookies are loaded with good-for-you oats and have aromatic notes from the ground spices that these cookies are famous for having.
If you love oatmeal cookies but despair each time because it's not as perfect as they should be, you need to check out this chunky oatmeal cookie recipe. It's made better because the cookies are buttery, loaded with rolled oats, thick, chewy, and moist in texture, and best of all, have the kind of raisins that you might actually miss if you don't get one in every bite. This oatmeal cookie recipe with raisins isn't a complicated recipe either; it just has one kind of spice in it and frankly, it's enough to satisfy anyone who loves oatmeal cookies.
We even have three cookie baking tips that make these oatmeal cookies with raisins better than your average oatmeal cookie:
- • By using both baking soda as well as baking powder, you not only get the lovely golden-brown color that is encouraged and boosted by baking soda but you also get the extra poof during baking that baking powder provides. This results in a thick cookie rather than a flat one.
- • Using brown sugar for oatmeal cookies ensures the cookie is delightfully chewy all over while the oats make parts of the cookie crunchy. The use of brown sugar also gives the cookies a delicious caramel flavor that otherwise won't be present if you just use white sugar.
- • Finally, because raisins are dried-up fruit with little moisture, these have a tendency to be extra hard and tough to chew when baked into dessert such as a cookie. By soaking the raisins in water and basically returning some of the moisture they lost when they were dried up, you get raisins that not only will be easier to eat but these also become plump and soft.
Ready to make awesome oatmeal cookies? Here's the recipe:
Oatmeal Cookies Recipe With Raisins
- Takes 40 minutes plus chilling
- Makes 18 cookies
Oatmeal Cookies with Raisins Ingredients
- 1/2 cup raisins, soaked in 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cubed, softened
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
How To Make Oatmeal Cookies With Raisins
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- 2 In a small bowl, soak raisins in water. Set aside.
- 3 In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat until just combined. Stir in vanilla.
- 4 Place a sieve or strainer over the bowl. Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Sift the flour mixture over the butter mixture then stir together until just combined.
- 5 Add rolled oats and raisins, drained, and stir to mix well.
- 6 Using a large scoop, scoop cookie dough into 1/4 cup balls. Place on a cookie sheet about 4 inches apart. Repeat with remaining cookie dough until the cookie sheet is filled.
- 7 Bake cookies for 15 minutes or until the edges are just firm but the centers are still slightly soft. Remove cookies from the oven. Let sit for 5 minutes before removing the cookies from the cookie sheet and onto a cooling rack. (Cookies will continue baking out of the oven.) Serve with a glass of milk or coffee.
If you can't get enough oatmeal in your cookies, here are more oatmeal recipes and ideas to try:
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.