WATCH: How To Make Cookies And Cream Pastillas
Pastillas is made even better with cookie crumbs!
The pastillas is a milky candy that was originally made by¬†mixing fresh carabao milk and sugar together¬†and then simmering¬†this sweet mixture until sticky and incredibly thickened. The resulting dough was then formed into balls and¬†rolled in more sugar.¬†
The classic pastillas¬†candy¬†is already addictive! So just imagine how much more incredible it¬†would be when you stir in¬†crushed chocolate cookies in it.¬†
The trick for making these pastillas¬†is to heat the¬†condensed milk.¬†Not only will this melt the powdered milk a little,¬†making a¬†candy that's a little smoother, but it will¬†also make mixing it easier before it cools and hardens to a more manageable and rollable candy dough. This also means that you can heat up the pastillas dough¬†if it becomes too hard to form into balls and logs.¬†
If¬†you¬†are impatient¬†for these milky candies, you can definitely just mix all the ingredients together as you would normally for the no-cook version.¬†Either way, it's a definitely easy¬†cady recipe¬†to make!¬†
Manage your impatience when you finally make these! The resulting candy will be incredibly irresistible to anyone who loves the cookies and cream combo. Here's the easy recipe:¬†
Cookies and Cream Pastillas Recipe
- Takes 30 minutes
- Makes about 20 pieces
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups powdered milk
- 1 cup vanilla creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed, divided ¬†
- oil, for greasing hands
- 1 In a heatproof bowl, heat condensed milk until just hot in a microwave oven, about 5 to 10 seconds on High.¬†¬†
- 2 Transfer hot condensed milk into a bowl with the powdered milk and 1/2 cup crushed cookies. Stir using a silicone spatula until well combined. Let cool completely.
- 3 Prepare a plate with the remaining 1/2 cup crushed cookies for coating. Lightly grease your hands with oil. Using a spoon, spoon about 1 tablespoon pastillas mixture and roll first into a ball then into a log. Flatten the ends with your fingers.¬†Roll in the plate of crushed cookies. Repeat with the remaining pastillas mixture.
- 4 Wrap pastillas pieces in parchment paper or cellophane if desired. Store in airtight containers.¬†
We have more pastillas recipes that have more than just your usual flavors! Do you love salted caramel?¬†We have a recipe that makes¬†pastillas¬†candies with it. We even have matcha-flavored and even malted chocolate¬†pastillas¬†candies as well! Check out these recipes, too:¬†