WATCH: How To Make Cookies And Cream Pastillas
Pastillas is made even better with cookie crumbs!
The pastillas is a milky candy that was originally made by mixing fresh carabao milk and sugar together and then simmering this sweet mixture until sticky and incredibly thickened. The resulting dough was then formed into balls and rolled in more sugar.
The classic pastillas candy is already addictive! So just imagine how much more incredible it would be when you stir in crushed chocolate cookies in it.
The trick for making these pastillas is to heat the condensed milk. Not only will this melt the powdered milk a little, making a candy that's a little smoother, but it will also make mixing it easier before it cools and hardens to a more manageable and rollable candy dough. This also means that you can heat up the pastillas dough if it becomes too hard to form into balls and logs.
If you are impatient for these milky candies, you can definitely just mix all the ingredients together as you would normally for the no-cook version. Either way, it's a definitely easy cady recipe to make!
Manage your impatience when you finally make these! The resulting candy will be incredibly irresistible to anyone who loves the cookies and cream combo. Here's the easy recipe:
Cookies and Cream Pastillas Recipe
- Takes 30 minutes
- Makes about 20 pieces
- 3/4 cup condensed milk
- 1 1/4 cups powdered milk
- 1 cup vanilla creme-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, finely crushed, divided
- oil, for greasing hands
- 1 In a heatproof bowl, heat condensed milk until just hot in a microwave oven, about 5 to 10 seconds on High.
- 2 Transfer hot condensed milk into a bowl with the powdered milk and 1/2 cup crushed cookies. Stir using a silicone spatula until well combined. Let cool completely.
- 3 Prepare a plate with the remaining 1/2 cup crushed cookies for coating. Lightly grease your hands with oil. Using a spoon, spoon about 1 tablespoon pastillas mixture and roll first into a ball then into a log. Flatten the ends with your fingers. Roll in the plate of crushed cookies. Repeat with the remaining pastillas mixture.
- 4 Wrap pastillas pieces in parchment paper or cellophane if desired. Store in airtight containers.
We have more pastillas recipes that have more than just your usual flavors! Do you love salted caramel? We have a recipe that makes pastillas candies with it. We even have matcha-flavored and even malted chocolate pastillas candies as well! Check out these recipes, too: