WATCH: These Brownies Are Made With Peanut Butter
What is it about brownies that makes you happy you when eating one? Is it the deep rich chocolate flavor? Is it the fantastic texture that's a cross between a cake and a thick, chewy cookie?
There is one brownie recipe, we think, that you might have never thought to make: peanut butter brownies.
These brownies are exactly as you want brownies to be: soft and sweet with chunks to peanuts in every bite. We used crunchy peanut butter but you can easily swap it out with the creamy kind. We also topped the baked brownies with melted chocolate so you won't have to miss the chocolate.
If you love peanut butter, these peanut butter brownies will surely be your go-to brownie recipe from now on.
Here's the recipe:
Peanut Butter Brownies Recipe
- Takes 30 minutes
- Makes 12 squares
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- 2 In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and brown sugar together. (If needed, gently heat the butter and peanut butter to easily cream the two mixtures.) Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Stir in vanilla extract.
- 3 Add salt, baking soda, and all-purpose flour. Stir to combine.
- 4 Transfer to the prepared pan, smoothing the top, and bake for 25 minutes or until the edges begin to pull away from the sides and the center is just firm.
- 5 Remove from the oven and immediately scatter chocolate chips on top. Return to the oven and heat only until the chocolate is melted, about 2 to 3 minutes. Use a spoon to spread the melted chocolate over the top. Let cool completely on a wire rack before slicing into squares.
Need more brownies in your dessert-loving life? Here are recipes of three of our favorite brownie recipes because we know that once you make these, these will easily become your favorite, too: