WATCH: These Brownies Are Dressed Up For Christmas
If you love red velvet anything, these brownies are up your alley!
A good batch of brownies are one of the best desserts. It can be fudgy or cakey, but either way, it's a decadent square of sweet dough in bar form.¬† ¬†¬†
These Christmas-hued brownies are the perfect desserts to bring to any party this holiday season! We used only half of the cream cheese topping since we made these brownies in an 8x8 inch pan instead of the original 12x8-inch pan, to get a thicker brownie. Double the brownie recipe, so you can use up all that cream cheese topping to its fullest.¬†
- Takes 30 minutes¬†
- Makes 9 3-inch bars
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 90 grams unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 tablespoons¬†red¬†food coloring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line
a 8x8-inchbaking pan with parchment paper.
- 2 Prepare the cream cheese batter: Combine cream cheese and sugar in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Add egg yolk and vanilla extract; stir. Set aside.
- 3 Prepare the brownie batter: In a heatproof bowl over simmering water, combine butter, chocolate, and cocoa powder. Stir until smooth and well combined. Remove from heat.
- 4 In another bowl, combine sugar, eggs, and food coloring. Gently add chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Fold in flour. Pour into the prepared pan.
- 5 Place dollops of cream cheese on top of the brownie batter. Swirl with a knife or toothpick to create a pattern. Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the¬†brownies¬†comes out clean.
- 6 Allow brownies to rest on a wire rack. Unmold and slice into desired portions before serving.¬†
Brownies are sure-hits¬†at any gathering! If you're bringing dessert for this holiday's parties, you may want to check out the other brownie recipes we have so you can delight everyone with a batch of these delicious bars.¬†