Woah, This Luscious Leche Flan + Cake Dessert Costs P82 To Make
Spread childlike happiness this holiday season by giving this to family and friends!
Do you also get this giddy feeling during the holiday season? This childlike happiness as you open presents or indulge in your favorite Noche Buena treat? It is as if you're being transported to a time when it feels like all is right in the world.
To share that heartwarming feeling with family and friends, why not make a delicious dessert that brings together two iconic Filipino treats? First is a favorite holiday dessert — the creamy leche flan — and the second is a popular snack of your school days — the yummy Fudgee Barr.
For this scrumptious cake-flan recipe, you will be using the versatile Fudgee Barr Salted Caramel, a rich chocolate cake bar filled with salted caramel cream. Even better: the entire dessert costs around P82 to make! So, if you’re on a budget this holiday season (and are looking for an edible gift idea), this affordable yet festive treat will undoubtedly help make your loved ones’ Christmas unforgettable.
Fudgee Barr de Leche Recipe
Prep Time: 30-45 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours
Chill Time: 9 hours
Ready In: 11 hours and 45 minutes
Yield: 6 750-ml plastic tubs (17.5 cm x 12.2 cm x 5.3 cm)
Estimated Cost Per Serving: P81.53 per 750-ml plastic tub
Fudgee Barr de Leche Ingredients
150 grams white sugar
12 pieces egg yolks
1 can 300 ml Alaska Condensada
1 can 370 ml Alaska Evaporada
2 packs 250 ml Alaska Crema All Purpose Cream, chilled
1 can 300 ml Alaska Condensada, chilled
24 pieces Fudgee Barr Salted Caramel
How to make Fudgee Barr de Leche
Make the leche flan:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or prepare a steamer.
2. In a pan, melt the sugar and pour it into a molder. A 9 x 9-inch square molder is recommended.
3. In a bowl, mix together egg yolks, Alaska Condensada, and Alaska Evaporada. Mix until well blended.
4. Using a fine strainer, strain the mixture 4 to 6 times.
5. Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
6. Pour the mixture into the molder then cover with foil.
7. Using a water bath, bake the mixture for 1 hour and 30 minutes to 2 hours, or steam for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
8. Let it cool for about 1 hour at room temperature.
9. Put the leche flan in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 4 hours.
10. Once chilled, cut the leche flan into 6 pieces.
Make the cream mixture:
1. Using an electric mixer, whip the chilled Alaska Crema All Purpose Cream until it doubles in size.
2. Gradually add the chilled Alaska Condensada and whip until well combined and doubled in size. Set aside.
Assemble the dessert in each tub:
1. Cut the Fudgee Barr Salted Caramel bar cakes in half to make a thinly sliced cake.
2. Layer the bottom part of the sliced Fudgee Barr Salted Caramel bar cakes onto the bottom of the plastic tub.
3. Pour in a thin layer of the cream mixture.
4. Add 1 slice of leche flan.
5. Layer the top part of the sliced Fudgee Barr Salted Caramel bar cakes.
6. Cover the top with a layer of the cream mixture.
7. Chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
Make yourself and your loved ones feel like kids again with this festive and pocket-friendly dessert featuring Fudgee Barr Salted Caramel!