WATCH: This Is The Easiest No-Bake Chocolate Cupcake Recipe
This no-bake cupcake recipe will be your favorite!
It's no secret anymore that there are some baking recipes don't need to be¬†baked at all. These no-bake, steamed recipes are fantastic and easily made by almost anyone with a stove. Since it's steamed, there¬†is little excuse for anyone to not be able to bake a cake if they have the ingredients on hand.¬†
That's why this¬†no-bake steamed chocolate cake recipe is one of our favorites and it will be yours, too.¬†
You¬†need to try this no-bake cupcake recipe if only for the luscious dark chocolate ganache¬†recipe you will make and top each mini cake with. "Decadent" doesn't even begin to describe how delicious¬†the cupcakes this recipe creates.¬†
Go home, and try it right now. You don't even need the mixer.¬†You can do this in a big bowl with a whisk and¬†spatula. We promise: you won't regret¬†the spontaneous decision to do so.
No-Bake Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe
- Takes 35 minutes
- Makes 8 cupcakes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons fresh milk
- For the dark chocolate ganache:
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 1 cup 60% dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 Preheat steamer.
- 2¬†In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter until softened and light. Add¬†sugar, and mix until well mixed.¬†
- 3¬†Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Stir until well mixed.¬†
- 4¬†Add the milk followed by the¬†vanilla¬†flavoring and finally,¬†the egg, and stir to mix well.¬†
- 5 Divide chocolate cake batter in 2 6-cup silicone cupcake molds. Cover with foil if desired. Place molds in the steamer and cover with a lid. Steam over medium heat for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of each cupcake comes out clean. Set aside to cool completely.
- 6¬†Meanwhile, make the ganache: Melt chocolate in a bowl placed over simmering water in a saucepan over low heat. Transfer to a medium bowl, and stir in hot cream until chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool completely.¬†
- 7¬†Once cooled and thickened, scoop into a piping bag with a piping tip and pipe onto each cupcake. Let stand at room temperature to set. Serve immediately.¬†