Do This To Add Extra Flavor To Anything You Quickly Fry
This simple tip instantly makes your fried eggs extra tasty!
Frying food is usually enough to¬†make most food delicious. The fried part is not just tasty but it's also usually crispy. This¬†makes fried food delicious as well as texturally appealing!¬†
For most people, frying is a simple task that is a basic cooking technique in the kitchen. However, did you know that you can instantly make fried food taste better with a simple addition to the frying pan?¬†
You can! That addition is butter.¬†
Unlike¬†most cooking oil,¬†butter has flavor. It's where you get the term "buttery" after all. This flavor is appealing to many people. If you are one¬†who loves this buttery taste, you will appreciate how this tip will make your fried food taste better.¬†
The tip is simple: add a small amount of butter, as little as a teaspoon to as much as a few tablespoons, to the pan with the oil when you fry something. This¬†works because most cooking oils are neutral-tasting. Since there is no flavor in the oil, you¬†taste what you are cooking instead of tasting the oil.¬†
This works¬†especially¬†great when frying eggs, making pancakes and crepes, or¬†searing a steak. Butter can make a flavor difference!¬†
Want to try it the next time you cook eggs? Here's what you do:¬†
- 1 Preheat nonstick frying pan over low heat. Add about¬†2 tablespoons cooking¬†oil.¬†¬†¬†
- 2¬†Break¬†eggs into a bowl. (Beat¬†until combined if making scrambled eggs or an omelet.) Set aside.¬†
- 3¬†Once the pan is hot, increase the heat to medium and add about 1 tablespoon butter to the pan and swirl to melt completely.
- 4 Once melted, add the eggs to the¬†hot pan.¬†
- 5¬†Fry eggs to the desired¬†doneness, covering the pan with a lid if needed to cook the whites more fully. Flip if desired.¬†
- 6 Remove eggs from the pan and serve¬†while hot.¬†
Give these butter-fried eggs a taste and see if you will go back to cooking eggs in just oil again.¬†
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.