Celebrity Recipe: Alden Richards' Paksiw na Lechon Recipe
This is one of the recipes in Regine Velasquez's new cookbook!
In Regine Velasquez's new cookbook, Bongga sa Kusina, actor Alden Richards shared his tips for paksiw na lechon: use vinegar to extend shelf life and don't forget the bay leaves for added aroma. Alden learned how to cook in high school when he stayed with his lola for a year. Below is his take on the popular Filipino lechon recipe: Paksiw na Lechon.
- Paksiw na Lechon Recipe
- Preparation Time 10
- Cooking Time 20
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 kilogram cooked lechon with skin on, chopped
- 1 cup lechon sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- brown sugar
- ¼ cup pineapple bits
- ½ cup water
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tablespoon peppercorns
- 1 Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic.
- 2 Add lechon and lechon sauce. Simmer.
- 3 Pour vinegar into the mix and bring to a boil. Simmer.
- 4 Add about 2 tablespoons of sugar, depending on your taste.
- 5 Add pineapple bits, water, bay leaves, and peppercorn.
- 6 Simmer and serve with rice.
Bongga sa Kusina has 48 recipes from Regine Velasquez and recipes shared by other celebrities who appeared in her show, "Sarap Diva." The book is co-presented by PLDT Home.