WATCH: 5 Easy Snacks You Can Make With Bread
Make merienda more interesting with these easy recipes!
Is bread your go-to snack? We leveled up our bread with these 5 easy snack recipes. There are perfect for breakfast, too!
Pancit Canton Toast Recipe
- 1 130-gram pack pancit canton, chili-mansi flavor
- 2 bread slices
- 1 medium egg, fried, sunny-side-up
- 1/8¬†cup quick-melting cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons butter, for toasting
- 1¬†Cook the pancit canton according to package directions.
- 2¬†Assemble the sandwich by adding the pancit canton on the bread, topping with crispy fried egg and grated quick-melting cheese.
- 3 Cover with another slice of bread.¬†
- 4 Toast the sandwich in a sandwich maker for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5 Slice into half and watch the egg yolk ooze out. Serve.
Chocolate French Toast Recipe
- 3 bread slices
- 2 tablespoons chocoate hazelnut spread
- 2 medium eggs
- unsalted butter, as needed
- pancake syrup, to serve
- 1 Spread the chocolate hazelnut spread onto two bread slices. Stack 3 bread slices.
- 2 Cut off bread crusts and save them for later.
- 3 Dip the sandwich into beaten egg and coat each side.
- 4 Toast each side of the sandwich for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until fully toasted.
- 5 Serve with butter on top and a drizzle of pancake syrup.
Caramelized Bread Popcorn
- 4 to 5 bread slices, cut into cubes
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh milk
- 1 Cut the bread into cubes.
- 2 On medium heat, pan toast the bread until brown and crispy. About 5 minutes.
- 3 Remove the toasted bread from the pan and set aside.
- 4 On low flame, add 4 tablespoons of brown sugar and 1 tablespoon of water. Mix and cook until sugar is dissolved.
- 5 Add in 1 ¬Ĺ tablespoons unsalted butter and 3 tablespoons fresh milk.
- 6 Mix until all ingredients are well incorporated and turned into caramel. About 8 minutes.
- 7 Turn off heat when caramel texture¬†and consistency is achieved.
- 8 Toss in the toasted bread into caramel mixutre.
- 9 Separate bread cubes and cool completely.
- 10 Serve.
Korean Cabbage Sandwich Recipe
- 1/2 small cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 big carrot, grated
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 6 large eggs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 50 grams quick-melting cheese, grated
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 2 bread slices, toasted
- butter, for toasting
- 1 Slice the cabbage and leek, grate the carrot, and soak them in water to clean. Drain.
- 2 Place vegetables into the beaten eggs and mix.
- 3 Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4 Toast 2 slices of bread and set aside.
- 5 On a small square pan, fry the egg mixture.
- 6 Add the grated quick-melting cheese on top of the uncooked part of the egg.
- 7 Fold in¬†the egg and cook completely.
- 8 Add in the egg to the toasted bread and top it with 2 slices of cheddar cheese.
- 9 You can serve it with ketchup and mayonnaise.¬†
- 1 bread slice
- 2 to 3 fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 3 to 5 big marshmallows, cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chocolate hazelnut spread
- chocolate syrup, optional
- 1 Spread 2 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread on a slice of bread.
- 2 Top with 4 to 5 strawberries and 6 to 8 marshmallows.
- 3 Heat in a toaster oven for 2 to 3 minutes or until tops of marshmallows are browned.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.