We Made A 5-Day Dinner Plan for 4 People for Less Than P1,500
With inflation at a record high, every peso counts!
Consumer prices are at a record high nowadays and it might be giving you a headache. We created a 5-day dinner plan for a family of 4 for less than P1,500! These weekday recipes will give you bang for your buck:
- 1 piece Ginger (134 g): P10.2
- 3 Eggplants (362 g): P26.45
- 8 medium Tomatoes (138 g): P23.30
- Calamansi (258 g): P16.5
- Bird's eye chili or Siling labuyo (50 g): P55.75
- Dried Mung Beans/ Monggo beans (750 g): P108.00
- Kangkong (1 bundle): P12.00
- Onion (200 g) P28.00
- 2 pieces red bell pepper (140 g): P53.20
Staples and Spices
- Vegetable oil (475 ml): P45.00
- Cane vinegar (385 ml): P15.00
- 2 Pieces Knorr pork cubes (20 g): P13.50
- Muscovado sugar (250 g): P35.00
- Coconut cream powder (50g): P34.50
- Soy sauce (385 ml): P18.25
- Elbow macaroni (200 g): P34.25
- Cheese spread (220 g): P80.25
- Bagoong (250 g): P75.00
- 2 packs Firm tofu (330 g each): P70.00
- Hungarian sausage (280 g): P83.25
- Pork belly, cubed (1.5 kg): P322.50
- Whole chicken (1.1 kg): P170.50
Monday: Sausage Mac and Cheese
Everyone needs a little cheering up on Mondays. This cheesy dinner will do just the trick! The Hungarian sausage gives it a meaty, flavorful punch. Even your kids will love it!
Tuesday: Chicken Adobo
Can you believe how easy this recipe is? With just a short list of staples in your pantry and fridge, you'd barely need time to dig around your kitchen. You can just go straight to cooking!
Wednesday: Pork Binagoongan sa Gata
This dish explodes with flavor! It's a great crowd-pleaser plus, it's really easy to prepare.
Thursday: Tofu Sisig
You don’t need meat to fill your protein requirements! Additionally, do you know how much money you save when you use tofu instead of meat? Plus, you won’t be skimping on any flavors with this recipe.
Friday: Guisadong Monggo
There’s something lovely about ending the week with a comforting bowl of this Filipino dish. Creamy, healthy, and comforting, this dish will have you asking for seconds.
This affordable meal plan has your whole weekday planned out and ready to go! That’s one major chore considered done! Congratulations, you just saved yourself extra expenses you would have surely made otherwise. Need more meal plans for the rest of the month? We've got more for you.