This Easy-to-Make Creamy Dish Is Our Top Chicken Recipe for 2017
You only need a few pantry staples!
We know the struggle: you're tired of pan-frying everything but don't have time to decode a complicated recipe. This chicken dish solves all your meal-planning problems. It's easy-to-make, needs only a handful of ingredients, is ready in 30 minutes, plus tastes great, too!
All you have to do is sear your chicken and let it simmer in a creamy, savory sauce. Bookmark this!
Chicken in Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Cooking time 20 minutes
- Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 kilo chicken, use thigh or drumstick cuts
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 Melt butter in a pre-heated pan then add some cooking oil.
- 2 Brown chicken on all the sides then set aside.
- 3 Using the same pan, add the flour and mix until the butter and the flour are combined to make a roux.
- 4 Add the chicken stock or water and soy sauce then let it simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cooked chicken and button mushrooms.
- 5 Season with salt and pepper and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Serve warm.