You Can Make 7 Dinners Using Your Pantry Staples + Printable Grocery List
You don't need to make elaborate dinners to enjoy hot, delicious, home-cooked meals. These easy dinner recipes only use the basics. From condiments that are probably already in your pantry and canned goods you've hoarded to hardy veggies that you always keep on hand, these are the easy recipes you might want to try. If you're going shopping, we've provided a shopping list for you so you can buy all you need on your Sunday shopping run and rest your mind for the rest of the week.
Monday: Tortang Talong
If you don't know how to make tortang talong, now is the time to learn it! This basic recipe makes a quick, easy, affordable, and delicious dish that you can whip up any time!
Tuesday: Ginisang Corned Beef Recipe
It's always a good idea to have corned beef on standby in your pantry. The delicious flavor of your favorite canned corn beef truly comes out with your trusty pantry staples.
Wednesday: Tortang Beef Giniling Recipe
We've used more than one torta recipe in this meal plan for a reason. Adding an egg does miracles! It gives your recipe flavor, texture, and heft. This super basic recipe is one you can toss up in a jiffy as long as you have some ground beef in your freezer.
Thursday: Spicy Tuna Pasta Recipe
Break your rice streak with this delicious and flavorful pasta dish. Transform the humble canned tuna into something scrumptious and satisfying.
Friday: Pinoy Bistek Recipe
This classic recipe needs to be mastered ASAP. There's just not a day that it isn't good. The salty sauce, the perfectly cooked beef, the crunchy onion rings-all that goodness on top of hot steaming rice makes for a delicious meal, no matter what time of day it is. Are you drooling with us?
Saturday: Fried Pork Adobo Recipe
Homey pork adobo needs no frills to be delicious. All you need is the meat and we're sure you've got the rest of the ingredients covered.
Sunday: Creamy Chicken Soup Recipe
Finish the week off with this comforting bowl of creamy, chicken soup. Since this recipe is super basic, you can use it as a base recipe and add more flavors. You can add cheese, mushrooms, or any of your leftovers.
Check out this handy grocery list for this meal plan: if you take away the staples and the seasonings you probably already have, your total would amount to less than P1,500!
- 2 eggplants, P19
- 4 potatoes, P78
- 3 tomatoes, P32.50
- 3 garlic, P20
- 2 carrots, P39
- 2 red onion, P35
- 3 white onion, P36.50
- 1 250-gram pack calamansi, P20
- 1 320-gram can corned beef, P137.50
- 1 180-gram can spicy tuna flakes, P38.75
- 1 180-gram can tuna flakes, P37
- 1 420-gram can whole corn kernels, P43.50
Dairy + Poultry Products
- 6 large eggs, P50
- 1 250-ml pack whole fresh milk, P 20.75
- 1 100-gram butter, P27.85
- 1/4 kilo chicken breast strips, P69.90
1 kilopork adobo cut, P260
- 1/2 kilo lean beef strips, P250
- 1/4 ground beef, P71.25
- 1/2 kilo ground pork, P49.75
- 1 2-piece pack chicken bouillon cubes, P13.65
- 1 250-gram packet salt, P6.50
- 1 35-gram packet ground black pepper, P23.30
- 1 1-liter pack vinegar, P33
- 1 385-ml packet soy sauce, P18.75
- 1 30-gram pack garlic powder, P20.15
- 1 475-ml pack vegetable oil, P45
- 1 400-gram pack spaghetti, P50.50
- 1 100-gram bag all-purpose flour, P16.25
Total without seasoning and other staples: P1,336.25
We can't wait to start the week with these easy dinner recipes! In fact, we can probably start now.