WATCH: How To Cook Easy Chicken Curry
Tasty and aromatic, this chicken curry is the fast and easy version of the classic Indian meal.
Coconut cream is the perfect sauce to deliver the warm spices of aromatic yellow curry to the chicken in this classic Indian-inspired meal. Serve this easy-to-make curry dish with lots of steamed white rice for a satisfying meal.
Easy Chicken Curry
- Takes 30 minutes
- Makes 4 servings
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 kilogram chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 2-inch length fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 1 packet (28 grams) yellow curry powder
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, cubed large
- 1 large carrot, peeled, cubed large
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add chicken, and sear on both sides. Transfer to a plate.
- 2 In the same pot, add then sauté onion, then garlic and ginger. Return chicken to the pot.
- 3 Sprinkle in the curry powder. Then, pour in the coconut cream and water. Add potatoes and carrot. Let it simmer until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, or about 20 minutes. Add more water if needed. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve with lots of steamed rice.