How To Cook The Best Omelet In 45 Seconds
Make breakfast omelets super fast and easy.
Less a minute is really all you need to cook eggs. That's because eggs¬†do cook fast and easily in a really hot pan. When that hot pan is smoking hot and nonstick too, it is not far-fetched¬†to think that you can cook a cheesy omelet in that pan in seconds.
That's exactly what Jamie Oliver proves is possible on his Instagram page last June 19.¬†¬†
What's wonderful about¬†his¬†technique and recipe is that it's the ultimate in its simplicity. It's really just a couple of eggs with¬†a little cheese quickly cooked on the stove and served immediately on a piece of toast.¬†¬†
Here's how he did it:¬†
- 1¬†Heat a medium nonstick frying pan on medium to medium-high heat.¬†
- 2 Meanwhile, break¬†2 large eggs into a bowl and beat well with a fork. Toast 1 slice bread in the toaster.¬†
- 3¬†Pour the eggs into the¬†super-hot pan and swirl to coat the surface of the pan with the egg mixture.¬†
- 4¬†Let the eggs set on the bottom and sides but the center is still wet.¬†Sprinkle about¬†2 tablespoons¬†grated cheddar cheese in the center.¬†
- 5¬†Using a silicone spatula, gently¬†lift one side of the omelet¬†towards the center to make a fold. Repeat until the omelet is folded all the way.¬†
- 6¬†Gently¬†use the pan to¬†place the omelet on top of the toast. Serve immediately.¬†
Gotta love the speed with which he makes this entire meal in a matter of 1 to 2 minutes. Care to see how the pro does it?¬†¬†
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.