WATCH: How To Cook Pinoy Cheesy Spaghetti
It needs lots of cheese and of course, hotdogs!
You can't deny that when it comes to spaghetti, the sweet-style spaghetti is the one that tickles your nostalgic side. The other kind of spaghetti dish that might have challenged¬†that childhood pasta is the cheesy spaghetti.¬†
It could be¬†a super simple cheese spaghetti that was loaded with more cheese, but that's not a pasta dish worth reminiscing about! The kind of cheesy spaghetti that is memorable is¬†one that's incredibly cheesy but still meaty.
This is the Pinoy Cheesy Spaghetti recipe you need in your pasta-loving life! We used two kinds of cheese for great flavor and enough saltiness to help the tomato sauce become rich and creamy. Plus, we didn't forget the hotdogs!¬†
Pinoy Cheesy Spaghetti¬†Recipe¬†
- Takes 20 minutes
- Makes 6 servings¬†
- 1 500-gram pack spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 regular hotdogs, sliced
- 500 grams ground beef
- 2 200-gram packs tomato sauce
- 1 62-gram pack cheese spread
- 1/2 165-gram block quick-melting cheese
- water, as needed
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1¬†Bring a pot of water, salted, to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook¬†until al dente, around 7 minutes, or until your desired doneness. Drain, set aside about 1/2 cup pasta water, and set aside.¬†
- 2¬†Heat oil in a large saut√© pan over medium heat.¬†Add onion, and saut√© until softened. Add garlic and cook until just softened. Add hotdogs and¬†cook, stirring, until just browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.¬†
- 3 In the remaining oil, add ground beef.¬†Sear, before crumbling and turning over. Cook until the meat is no longer pink. Season with salt and ground black pepper.¬†
- 4 Return the hotdogs to the pan and add tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer then add the cheese spread and the grated cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted into the sauce.
- 5 Add the cooked spaghetti and toss to coat evenly. Add water or the reserved pasta water, about 1/2 cup, to loosen the sauce and coat the pasta better. Serve while hot with more grated cheese on top.¬†
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group,¬†Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club,¬†to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman!¬†Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here!