WATCH: How to Make a No-Bake Chocolate Mud Pie
If you love cookies and cream, you'll love this mud-inspired chocolate pie that requires no baking at all!
This pie is a cookies and cream lover's dream! While there are many variations out there, this one is made with your¬†favorite sandwich cookie made into a crust, layered with a dark chocolate pudding that mimics the chocolate cookie, and topped with whipped cream. We also added more crushed cookies¬†on top!¬†
- Chocolate Mud Pie Recipe¬†
- Takes 20 minutes plus chilling
- Makes 8 servings
- For the Chocolate Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups Cream-O chocolate cookie crumbs, more for topping
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- For the Dark Chocolate Pudding:
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups fresh milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Make chocolate crust: Mix Cream-O cookie crumbs and butter together in a bowl, and press into an 8-inch pie pan. Chill until ready to use.
- 2 Make Dark Chocolate Pudding: In a saucepan, mix all ingredients. Place over medium heat and cook, whisking, until mixture comes to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and simmer only until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and pour onto the chilled crust. Chill until completely cold.
- 3 When ready to serve, whip whipped cream until soft peaks. Dollop onto chilled pudding and spread near the edges. Sprinkle whipped cream with additional chocolate crumbs. Serve cold.