WATCH: How To Make A Maja Blanca Gelatin Dessert
Here's a dessert idea: take your favorite Pinoy flavors and turn it into a gelatin treat.
Maja blanca is a well-loved Filipino pudding made with corn kernels, corn or rice flour, and coconut milk (gata). We took the flavors you love in maja blanca and turned it into an easy gelatin treat that you can serve over the weekend or even during big family parties!
Make sure to use heavy cream (this is not the same as all-purpose cream!) to upgrade this chilled dessert similar to the panna cotta.
- Maja Blanca Gelatin
- Makes 4 small ramekins or 3 200-ml jars
- 1 sachet gelatin, around 1 tablespoon
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup corn kernels, drained, minced
- corn kernels, for topping
- 1 Sprinkle gelatin in milk; set aside.
- 2 In a saucepan, place milk and heavy cream. Add in sugar and salt; mix. Heat until it starts to boil. Add the gelatin mixture; mix until melted. Add in minced corn kernels.
Turn off heat.
- 3 Pour into individual small ramekins or small jars and chill overnight. To serve, top with corn kernels or serve kernels on the side.