WATCH: How To Make Baked Salmon ala Conti's
Baking fish results in perfectly cooked salmon!
Are you a fan of salmon? If you are, then you are probably familiar with the Baked Salmon of Conti's. It's a dish that has a creamy and cheesy topping hiding perfectly cooked salmon underneath. It was an instant hit when it was first introduced to the market and became a party staple for many gatherings.
There have been many copycats of this winning combination of salmon and a creamy cheese sauce. The good news is that if you can't afford the original from the restaurant, it's easy to bake salmon at home. All you need are the ingredients to make the cheese sauce and a gorgeous fillet of salmon.
When you do get your salmon fillet, remember that you need to remove the pin bones from the salmon. You'll need tweezers, needle nose pliers, or the specialized fish bone pliers to remove the bones. Be gentle when removing the salmon's pin bones, so you don't mash the fillet. Once deboned, it's ready to season.
Did you know that baking the salmon in this way is one of the easiest ways to cook fish? The thick sauce acts like parchment or foil, so you're actually gently steaming the fish. Plus, once the fish is in the oven, all you need to do is wait patiently and maybe prep and cook the sides that you will serve with it. We suggest some steamed rice and buttered vegetables for a full meal.
This 1-kilo salmon fillet took no more than 20 minutes in the oven. (Your baking time will depend on the thickness and size of the salmon fillet you have.) Plus, the prep to do the sauce and prepare the salmon didn't take too long either.
Are you ready to make some baked salmon ala Conti's? Here's the recipe:
Baked Salmon ala Conti's Recipe
- Takes 40 minutes
- Makes 5 to 10 servings
Baked Salmon ala Conti's Ingredients
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, more for topping
- 1 kilogram salmon fillet, whole, pin bones removed
- 1 tablespoon lemon or calamansi juice
- salt, to taste
- Parsley, chopped, to garnish (optional)
How To Cook Baked Salmon ala Conti's Recipe
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- 2 Make the cheese sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and saute until fragrant and softened. Stir in flour and cook until pastiness is cooked off. Pour in milk while whisking to prevent clumps. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens. Turn off the heat and stir in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt, to taste. (Mixture should be thick.) Set aside.
- 3 Place salmon fillet on a baking sheet. Pour lemon or calamansi juice over fish and rub to coat. Season with salt to taste. Cover the entire fish with the prepared cheese sauce and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.
- 4 Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until your desired doneness. Serve with steamed rice and buttered vegetables.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here!