WATCH: How to Make Cheese Ice Cream
A reader shared with us a recipe for homemade cheese ice cream, and we're happy that she did!
This take on a reader-submitted homemade cheese ice cream recipe is reminiscent of a childhood favorite: "dirty" street food-style cheese ice cream!
Do you have a delicious dish or recipe that you want to share with your fellow Yummy.ph readers, too? Click here to upload them yourself!
How To Make Homemade Cheese Ice Cream
- 1 cup all-purpose cream
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 125g cheddar cheese, diced
- 1 In a saucepan, add the cream, fresh milk, evaporated milk, sugar, and egg. Stir over low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- 2 Allow the mixture to simmer until thick then take it off the heat.
- 3 Add the diced cheese into the cream mixture. Mix and allow to chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- 4 Beat the chilled mixture until it has doubled. Transfer to an aluminum pan and leave in the freezer to chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.