WATCH: How To Make A Fried Chicken Sandwich
You can recreate your favorite chicken fillet sandwich at home.
You can recreate your favorite chicken sandwich¬†at home using this easy fried chicken fillet recipe and a¬†delicious bun that instantly¬†elevates your chicken meal up a notch!¬†
How did¬†we do it?¬†
For a true fried chicken taste, we used buttermilk that's easy to make at home using fresh milk and vinegar. You can also use buttermilk powder and just dilute 1/4 cup powder into enough water to make 1 cup.¬†If you need a substitute for the fresh milk, use any of these easy swaps to make 1 cup fresh milk:
- ‚ÄĘ 1/2 cup evaporated milk + 1/2 cup water
- ‚ÄĘ 1/4 cup powdered milk + 1 cup water
- ‚ÄĘ 1/2¬†cup all-purpose cream+ 1/2¬†water¬†
Plus, we used a chicken thigh instead of a chicken breast fillet.¬†While the breast fillet is meatier than the chicken thigh, the chicken thigh is juicier and cooks faster, too. Feel free to use a breast fillet for this recipe for that big fried chicken bite.¬†
Finally, we ordered brioche buns¬†online so we didn't have to make it from scratch!
Here's the recipe:¬†
Chicken Sandwich Recipe¬†
- Takes 30 minutes¬†plus overnight marination¬†
- Makes 6 servings¬†
- 1 cup fresh full-cream milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, skin on
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fried chicken seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste¬†
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste¬†
- 6 brioche buns, buttered and toasted, to serve
- Mayonnaise, as needed to serve
- Lettuce, as needed, to serve
- 1 In a large bowl, combine fresh milk and vinegar to make homemade buttermilk. Let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Add chicken and toss to coat evenly. Cover and set aside overnight.
- 2 To make the breading, whisk together flour, paprika, cumin, fried chicken seasoning, ground black pepper, and salt.
- 3 Add the marinated chicken and toss to coat in the flour well. Set aside onto a tray. (You can freeze this if cooking later.)¬†
- 4 When ready, heat enough oil in a frying pan. Use a thermometer to fry at the right temperature every time. Add the breaded chicken. Cook until golden brown and delicious on both sides. Set aside to drain on a rack.
- 5 To assemble, place a buttered and toasted bun on a plate, spread with mayonnaise, add lettuce and the chicken fillet on top. Finish with the top of the bun. Serve immediately.¬†
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.