How To Make Cordon Bleu Sauce
Your fried chicken meal deserves to made better.
The cordon bleu is a delicious dish as is. What's not to like about breaded chicken stuffed with melty cheese and sweet-salty ham? It's both simple and tasty!
There's no need to make it better if it's already pretty good but why not elevate your cordon bleu with a sauce that will make it even more delicious with every bite? A creamy gravy or sauce is the perfect pairing! Plus, it's easy to make without needing to dirty another pan to make it.
Here's how to make it:
- 1 Leave about 1 tablespoon oil from the oil used to cook the chicken.
- 2 Add 1/4 chicken bouillon cube or 1/4 teaspoon chicken stock granules to the oil and let dissolve.
- 3 Sprinkle in 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, and stir to mix with the seasoned oil. Pour in 1/2 cup all-purpose cream and 1/4 cup water, and cook, stirring, until thickened. Season with salt and ground pepper to taste.
Pretty easy right? You can even make it simpler! This no-cook cream sauce recipe is the lazy (read: effortless!) version of the recipe that's cooked. It's made by simply combining all-purpose cream and chicken stock powder to season the cream. Give it a taste Super simple and easy!
Fancy to make your cordon bleu even more special? Try this easy cream sauce with these delicious mix-in ideas:
- • Add prepared pesto for a pesto cream sauce.
- • Stir in tomato sauce for a creamy tomato sauce.
- • Toast garlic for a garlic cream sauce.
- • Saute buttered mushroom with garlic to make a garlic mushroom cream sauce.
- • Stir in liquid seasoning for that "malinamnam" taste experience.
- • Add hot sauce such as sriracha, gochujang, or even any siling labuyo hot sauce to give it a spicy kick!
You'll enjoy your cordon bleu better when you take advantage of the delicious ways you can make a fried chicken cream sauce.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.