WATCH: This Chicken Parmesan Pasta Recipe is Creamy, Garlicky, And Delicious
Garlicky chicken tossed in a creamy spaghetti sauce has a secret ingredient.
The¬†carbonara recipe may be the original creamy pasta recipe! It's got a silky, creamy pasta sauce courtesy of the eggs and cheese but without the use of any cream. This is why it's such a unique pasta sauce!¬†
Not all pasta sauces are¬†as unique as the¬†carbonara,¬†so¬†it's not¬†surprising that¬†so many of us¬†love¬†our creamy pasta dishes. What's so¬†irresistible about a creamy pasta dish? We¬†think it's the tangy, salty Parmesan cheese but it could also¬†easily be the ingredients that go so well with the creamy sauce.¬†
To make a creamy sauce irresistible, we added a secret ingredient and¬†lots of garlic is used for this creamy chicken pasta. We not only use up half a head of garlic in the pasta sauce, but the pasta dish¬†also¬†sprinkled with toasted garlic chips right before serving so you know you're getting a bite of it every time. (Garlic lovers will definitely enjoy this pasta dish.)¬†
Chicken is the second main ingredient of this decadent pasta recipe.¬†We used chicken breasts sliced thinly into strips but if you're in a bigger hurry, grab the ground chicken from your meat butcher. It will taste just as good but cooks faster, easier than even thinly sliced¬†chicken breast fillets.¬†¬†
Cream and garlic¬†is a fantastic food pairing. There's no cream in¬†this recipe, but the milk and Parmesan cheese more than make up for the creaminess you want in a creamy pasta.
Here's the recipe:¬†¬†
Creamy Chicken with Garlic and Parmesan¬†Pasta¬†Recipe¬†
- Takes¬†25 minutes¬†
- Makes 4 servings
- 400 grams spaghetti
- water, as needed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3¬†chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, more to serve
- 1 cup pasta water
- garlic chips, to serve
- salt, as needed and to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Bring a pot of salted water to the boil over medium-high heat. Cook pasta according to package directions, minus 2 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1 cup pasta water. Set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile, in a wok over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken strips and cook until cooked through. Season chicken lightly with salt and ground black pepper. Add garlic and saute until just beginning to brown.
- 3 Sprinkle in flour and ground cumin, and stir to combine. Pour in milk and stock, stirring to dissolve the flour mixture into the milk mixture.
- 4 Bring to a gentle simmer and cook until just thickened. Stir in cheese until just melted. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- 5 Add cooked pasta and toss to combine. Add pasta water as needed to thin down and dissolve cheese into the creamy sauce.
- 6 Remove from the heat and serve immediately, topped with more cheese and garlic chips as desired.