WATCH: How To Make Creamy Spinach Dip Pizza
You've probably heard about this awesome pizza from Angel's Pizza already: a white pizza with balls of creamy white cheese and spinach. It's the same kind of mixture you might taste if you opened a jar of that spinach dip for corn chips!
That spinach dip is exactly what you'll find on top of this Do-It-Yourself pizza recipe. The dip is made of kangkong leaves, or water spinach, garlic, and slivers of gently softened onions. This is mixed with 2 kinds of cheese plus topped with gooey mozzarella once it's on the pizza. It's so rich, one pingpong ball-sized mound is more than enough for each slice.
We used premade pizza crust but if you've got more time on your hands and want a challenge, we have a fantastic but basic homemade pizza dough recipe for you to try.
This recipe is generous enough to make 2 10-inch pizzas because sharing is always good. You can always freeze the other one for later. However, if you love the spinach dip, feel free to spread it all over one pizza crust instead.
Here's the recipe:
Creamy Spinach Dip Pizza Recipe
- Takes 30 minutes
- Makes 2 10-inch pizzas
Creamy Spinach Dip Pizza Ingredients
- 1 bundle kangkong, leaves only
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 medium white onion, peeled, sliced thinly
- 1 226-gram block cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 190-gram blocks mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 10-inch pizza crusts
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
How To Make Creamy Spinach Dip Pizza
- 1 Rinse kangkong leaves. Place in a salad spinner to dry. Roughly chop. Set aside.
- 2 In a nonstick pan over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and cook until almost toasted. Add onions. Cook onions until softened, about 5 to 10 minutes, lowering heat as needed to prevent browning. Add kangkong leaves and stir. Cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- 3 Transfer spinach mixture into a large bowl. Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- 4 Preheat oven to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F. Place rack on the bottom shelf.
- 5 Place prepared pizza crust onto a baking tray. Divide spinach dip into balls the size of ping pong balls (about 1-inch rounds) and place in evenly divided points around the pizza. Cover the pizza with mozzarella cheese.
- 6 Slide the pizza onto the bottom rack. Bake in the preheated oven for 5 minutes or until the mozzarella has melted and the bottom of the crust is browned. Remove from the oven, slice, and serve immediately.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.