WATCH: We Added A Secret Ingredient In This Delicious Lechon Paksiw Recipe
You'll never guess the ingredient that perfectly complements the pork.
Lechon¬†is notorious for being the first¬†food at any buffet table to run out. However, there are times when even the most ravenous of partygoers cannot consume the entire¬†pig.¬†Whenever this happens,¬†it's almost a¬†guarantee that a classic¬†lechon paksiw¬†dish will¬†be on the menu the next day or the next.¬†
However,¬†we think there is more to lechon paksiw than just pork, vinegar, sugar, and seasonings. While it's a delicious combination that's tried and true,¬†there is room for a flavor upgrade in even the most classic of recipes.¬†
Meet our lechon paksiw¬†recipe. This is a classic lechon paksiw recipe at its most basic. It has the leftover lechon chunks,¬†vinegar, peppercorns,¬†onions, garlic,¬†sugar, and of course, the all-important lechon sauce. What makes this lechon paksiw recipe even better¬†is the addition of pineapples.
The tangy flavor of pineapple is the perfect complement to the pork and adds¬†its¬†tang to bolster the sourness of the¬†vinegar and¬†sweetness of the sugar. The result is a delicious lechon paksiw recipe with a tropical flair.¬†
Lechon¬†Paksiw¬†with Pineapples Recipe¬†
- Takes¬†30 minutes
- Makes¬†6 servings¬†
- 2 tablespoons canola oil¬†
- 2 small red onions, peeled, quartered
- 8 cloves garlic, lightly crushed¬†
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup store-bought¬†lechon¬†sauce
- 1 cup crushed pineapples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 kilo¬†lechon, chopped into large chunks¬†¬†
- 1 cup water, or as needed¬†
- Salt, to taste
- 1 In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onions and garlic then cook until just softened.
- 2 Add peppercorns, vinegar,¬†lechon¬†sauce, pineapples, and sugar, and stir to mix. Add¬†lechon¬†and water. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until the¬†lechon¬†is heated through and skin has softened, and the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.¬†
- 3 Season with salt to taste. Serve while hot.
Want more lechon paksiw recipes? Try these:¬†