How to Make Meaty Lasagna Easier With These Cooking Hacks
Lasagna can be easier to make with these cooking tips.
Sheets of pasta layered with a meaty pasta sauce topped with gooey mozzarella is basically what lasagna is. If you think about it, it's just another way of enjoying any other kind of pasta! the biggest difference is the kind of cheese that's on top.
Making lasagna is a lot of work, however. The layering process takes time to do right. If you're always on the go or just need a way to make it so it's not as time-consuming, we have a recipe using short-cut cooking tips you need to try.
These are the cooking tips you need:
- 1 Use prepared pasta sauce and crumble preseasoned meat.
- 2 Make an easy cream sauce.
Making the pasta sauce can be made easier with this hack! If you use pasta sauce that's already delicious and meat that's already been seasoned, you need to put the two together to make a super flavorful pasta sauce.
To make any pasta sauce into a lasagna pasta sauce, thin down the sauce with water so it can simmer and bubble in the oven when ready to bake and not become dry. For the meat, you can use meat from burger patties, meatballs, or even lumpia shanghai fillings. This makes an easy tomato pasta sauce that you don't need to think about too much.
If you want to make a creamy cheese sauce to put on top, we have a shortcut to making that, too. Just heat and melt cream and cheese together. Once you have these two parts of the lasagna made, you just need the pasta sheets.
To show you how easy combining these cooking hacks together to make a lasagna, here's what you do:
- 1 Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta sheets or lasagna sheets according to the package.
- 2 Meanwhile, crumble the meat and fry in a large pan. Once cooked, mix in your favorite kind of pasta sauce and combine it with the cooked meat. Thin down the sauce with about 1/2 cup water. Set aside.
- 3 In another pot, heat cream and add quick-melting cheese. Stir until melted. Set aside.
- 4 To assemble, layer pasta sauce and pasta. For the last layer, top with the cheese sauce.
- 5 Bake in the oven until the cheese sauce has bubbled and has golden brown spots. Serve while hot.
Thinking about what to cook next? Join our Facebook group, Yummy Pinoy Cooking Club, to get more recipe ideas, share your own dishes, and find out what the rest of the community are making and eating!
Got your own version of the classic dishes? Pa-share naman! Get your recipe published on Yummy.ph by submitting your recipe here.