WATCH: How to Make Milky Sopas
We made twists to this comforting soup!
Sopas is one of the most comforting dishes around. We played with the classic chicken soup recipe and added herbs like sage leaves and cinnamon to give this soup a boost of flavor. It's really good!¬†
- Milky Sopas
- Serves 4
- Prep time 5 minutes
- Cooking time 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sage leaves, ground
- 2 cups fresh milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 6 pieces Vienna sausage, sliced
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the water, and add macaroni. Cook 2 minutes less than directed. Drain macaroni, and keep warm. Set aside.
- 2 Meanwhile, in another pot over medium heat, add butter and oil. Once butter is melted, add garlic, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook until aromatic and beginning to brown.
- 3 Season chicken with cinnamon, sage, salt, and pepper, to taste. Working in batches, add chicken to the pot, and sear all sides before adding the next batch of chicken.
- 4 Pour in milk and chicken broth. Stir, bring to a boil, and then simmer just until chicken is cooked through. Add cooked macaroni and sausages. Season to taste. Cook until sausages are heated through. Ladle into bowls, and serve while still hot.