WATCH: How to Make Pastimallows
Your favorite Pinoy snack, pastillas, gets a fun upgrade.
Pastillas is a Filipino milky snack made of condensed milk, powdered milk, sugar, and butter. It's a childhood snack that has many equally delicious variations: it's been made into a cake, cheesecake, and ice cream flavor, and you can also flavor it with salted caramel, ube, chocolate, or even green tea (matcha).
This bite-sized snack gets a fun upgrade: soft, chewy marshmallows is coated with milky pastillas! It's perfect for snacking or baon.
- Pastimallows Recipe
- Makes 20 pieces
- 1 can (14oz) condensed milk
- 2 cups powdered milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 20 pieces marshmallows
- Sugar, for coating
- 1 In a bowl, combine condensed and powdered milk. Mix well until you achieve a thick mixture or a dough-like consistency. Add butter and mix until well incorporated.
- 2 Take a tablespoon full of the mixture, roll into a ball and flatten.
- 3 Wrap the marshmallows in the pastillas mixture.
- 4 Roll in sugar and transfer to individual baking cups. Serve.