WATCH: How to Make Pichi-Pichi
These bite-sized rice cakes are delicious!
Pichi pichi is a¬†Filipino dessert¬†that is simply made with grated cassava (or cassava flour), sugar, and pandan water. Grated cheese and desiccated coconut add texture, crunch, and layers of flavor. It's great¬†for merienda or as a potluck party contribution!¬†
Pichi Pichi Recipe
Makes 20-24 small pieces¬†
- 2 cups water
- One bunch pandan leaves
- 2 cups cassava flour (or cassava, grated)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Grated cheese
- Desiccated coconut
- 1¬†Make the pandan water: Boil pandan leaves in water. Let cool then remove leaves.
- 2 In a bowl, combine pandan water, cassava flour, and sugar. Mix until combined. Pour into molds (we used small puto molds).
- 3 Steam for 45 minutes or until set. Let cool.
- 4 When cooled, unmold and roll in grated cheese and desiccated coconut.