WATCH: How To Make Pineapple Fried Rice
This is one flavor-packed dish!
This¬†fried rice recipe is easy-to-make! This Thai-style dish is packed with flavor and is the perfect mix of sweet and savory flavors. Pineapple chunks give this fried rice dish refreshingy sweet flavors while the spices like curry powder and fresh turmeric give it spice and bite.
Pineapple Fried Rice¬†
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (luyang dilaw), finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/3 cup Chinese sausage, cut into small cubes
- 1/4 cup shrimp, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts, roasted
- 1 tablespoon onion chives, finely chopped
- 1 Heat wok or pan. Heat oil and saut√© onion, garlic, turmeric, carrot, and curry powder. Add Chinese sausage and shrimps, and continue saut√©ing. Add pineapple chunks and green peas, then the rice.
- 2 Season with white pepper, salt, sugar, and oyster sauce.
- 3 Garnish with cashew nuts and onion chives.